Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Overall its ben a good week playing in my new surroundings. A hyperactive 4 year old in the room doesnt seem to have affected my play and ive had a few good results. 2nd place in the 40 dollar breakfast club tourney on laddies was the start and i also had 2nd in the afternoon 10 rebuy for about 500 dollars.

i also made the comeback of the century in a 20 dollar deepstack tournament on stars with 5000 starting chips and 30 minute blinds. Despite a preflop raise of 5 X BB holding QQ i was called by J8 off who hit 2 pair. I was left with 90 chips which i threw in with 62 off and a 6 on the river gave me the pot. 8 hours later i was sitting on 200k chips and hit the FT. Unfortunately at this point i had to go to work so got a sub in to take over. My sub duly finished 3rd for 500 dollars.

Got my best finish in the laddies evening 20 rebuy which is a tourny i dont particularly like given the 12 min blinds but managed to come 5th for 616 dollars after being last with 33 left. I was determined to cash as id had an awful day throwing away my winnings. A couple of bad beats didnt bother me but i threw away decent stacks in the BC and the 30 rebuy on laddies by ridiculous play.

Overall im a good several hundred dollars up over the last few days but would be a lot more if i hadnt wasted a load on sats and turbo stts.

No comments: